Kompass Rally: Development Info
IntroductionWelcome to the development blog of my rally game!
Contact DetailsEasiest way to reach me is through a PM on Reddit, but a PM on Twitter should work as well! You can also message me on RaceDepartment (Th3HolyMoose), but I'll take longer to see that reply. Reddit, Twitter.
Technical InfoThe game is written from scratch in C++ using my own in-house engine called "exodus". The engine uses OpenGL 4 for graphics and DirectInput for input handling.
I do use a couple of libraries of course, here you can find a list of which ones and what they do! Below that you can also find a list of some of my favourite websites for different resources.
Libraries used (incomplete list)
- Bullet Physics: Used for managing rigid bodies and body-body collisions. All vehicle physics are my own though.
- FMOD Studio: Great SDK/API and tools for audio!
- GLFW: Window and OpenGL context creation + basic input handling
- libjpeg-turbo, stb_image
- libcurl (+SSL related libs): Used for communication with the Web API
- FastNoiseSIMD: Amaazing library for fast and flexible noise generation
- OpenVR: "SteamVR" for VR implementation
- Dear ImGui: Library used for development and debugging tools in-game
- Tinyspline: Library used for generating B-splines
- picosha2: Lightweight header-only library for SHA256 implementation in C++